Dr. Serdev’s Author Techniques in Rhinoplasty
Many of the rhinoplasty procedures used in our clinic are done using the so called “Serdev Rhinoplasty Techniques“. These techniques help us achieve the correct proportions of the nose using a closed approach, without trauma. Thanks to the developments made by Dr. Nikolay Serdev in the field of nose correction, our patients leave the clinic with their new desired look, without plasters, casts or intranasal packing.
Serdev Rhinoplasty Techniques
The methodology is based on the achievements of the first president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – Dr. Julius Newman, surgeon in Hollywood, called “Dr. Nose” and improved by Dr. Serdev.
The internationally recognised scarless Serdev techniques in rhinoplasty are:
– T-zone Excision – for shortening the length of the nose. Protects cartilages from separation/cutting/shortening during surgery, which in older methods often resulted in necrosis (after their separation, processing and returning back to place, cartilages do not always get well vascularised);
– Nasal Tip Rotation by suture – shortens the length of the nose (alternative of the T-zone Excision);
– Columella Sliding by suture – used to correct the tip projection (decreases or increases the height of the tip). The aim is to obtain the aesthetic 30 degree angle of dorsum to profile line;
– Nasal Tip Refinement (narrowing) by suture – narrows and makes a finer tip;
– Alar Base Narrowing by suture – narrows the width of the nostrils;
– Digital fracture instead of lateral osteotomy – closes the open dorsum roof after medial osteotomy (humpectomy) without visible step deformity;
– Medial and/or lower dorsum narrowing by suture.
“I am coming out of surgery just now. For me, the anxiety before the operation was very big, I had fear. But actually it was not an intervention, according to me – as if I was going to the dentist. There was no pain, it was very quick. The difference before and after is so huge… exactly what I wanted! Most importantly, I am not dizzy, there is no pain, I feel very good. Such a painless surgery, after all others that I’ve had… [3 days after surgery] I don’t have any problems. In short, I can say that the feeling cannot be better. As if there hasn’t been a surgical intervention.”
Dr. Serdev’s rhinoplasty techniques reduce operation time to 15-40 minutes, depending on the difficulty and number of procedures. Due to the minimal trauma in our operations, small linear bruises under the eyes appear in only about 30% of hump removal cases. The lack of trauma and blood loss make intranasal packing unnecessary. Packings are placed in the inner nose, while cosmetic corrections deal with the external nose. Full return to social life is possible from the first to the 5th postoperative day, depending on the presence or absence of minor bruises.
When we only correct the tip, there is no necessity of plaster or cast. No bruising can appear and swelling is not visible to the uninitiated observers, there are no scars. Therefore, patients return to social life almost immediately, without signs of surgery. No one will know that the nose has been operated. Most of our TV presenter patients work on the next day – the team and TV viewers do not even realise that there has been an intervention. The presenter only looks refreshed, rejuvenated and more beautiful.
Of course, the patient has the obligation to appear at the designated check-ups after surgery.
In combination with Serdev Suture Lifts for face and body, we can achieve an overall aesthetic beautification and rejuvenation, without trauma and without scars.